DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker

Thursday, January 22, 2009

Ho. Ly. CRAP!

so this week... whoa.

I don't really like to give specifics about work b/c you never know who is paying attention to random blogs. but holy crapola. it has been so busy. which, I guess, is good... but just b/c MY department is busy does not mean that our actual BUSINESS is doing well.

I quote things. therefore, not everything that I see will become an actual job. so it kind of makes me nervous when I overhear things like the satellite location is low on people because there was no work for them to do so they were all sent home... or how there are quite a few people (who I assume were) on the upper register of payroll who have been downsized. our company has always said that they've never had a major layoff... which may be true... I guess they just do it all stealth-like and only one-by-one so that it doesn't seem like a major layoff. :) I am not scared for my position, though I do know of people for whom I am worried.

so, in light of this... I GOT ANOTHER JOB. well, not to quit this and do something else. I actually like my job. I got another bartending job. so I have one that essentially runs from september to march/april... one that runs from march/april to early winter... and then the full-time job.

no one can again comment upon my lack of quilting, crafting, etc... not even me. :)

I am looking forward to the challenge of this new bartending gig... it should be a lot of fun and I expect to learn a lot. not that I don't in my other job, but really... it's a completely different atmosphere. it'll just be different junk laying claim to my memory. yay!

ok. back to work. the world just needed to know where I was.

or maybe I just needed to tell the world where I was.

1 comment:

Barb said...

Congratulations on your new bartending gig! I did that for a few years back many years ago in my career. Just remember, the tips are good!


I just wanted to let you know about my 2009 Quilt Retreat Getaway Weekend which is held in Belmont, Wisconsin, at The Travel Center on November 6, 7 and 8, 2009. The details are on my webpage at Quilts by barb or on my blogspot at Visit Quiltsbybarb quilt retreat blogspot
We would appreciate if you would help us pass on this information and we would love to have you join us!

Barbara Raisbeck,
Owner of Quilts by Barb