DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker

Sunday, January 27, 2008

back in action

wow! what a sense of accomplishment. I hadn't felt that good since I finished up the red sox quilt... well, and even before that because I felt so rushed with that quilt. I was working on two wedding quilts (though one *may* become mine b/c I *love* the pattern so much and the fabrics I'm using). one was the 'jacket plaid' pattern from the thimbleberries book 'cozy cabin quilts'. the other is from 'star happy quilts' by judy martin. I am in love with the star happy quilt as the fabric selection is mostly civil war-esque (my favorite). there is a possibility that I will scrap that as the wedding quilt and keep it for myself (b/c the last one I made for myself was... hm... my flannel quilt about 2-3 years ago)... if that's the case, then I will probably put together a churn dash/monkey wrench type quilt in its stead. again... we shall see. regardless though, I love that pattern so much that I am toying with the possibility of using it as the raffle quilt that I want to make to raise money for the heart walk this october. wouldn't it be fabulous as a gradation quilt... pinks, reds, and whites (for the heart theme of course). the thought is making me giddy. I also have other weddings coming up this year (2 definite, potentially 3) plus a baby due in mid-late may. I want to do quilts for all of them, obviously, because they are my friends and mean a lot to me. however, I just don't know if it's feasible within the time frames that I have (two upcoming weddings are in may and june!!) it seems as though, to the normal quilter, that this would be a perfectly acceptable time frame in which to complete the quilt. and of course, if I am to really push the kfquilts thing... I *need* be able to turn around a quilt in an acceptable amount of time (4-5 weeks tops). I don't know... I just never seem to have the drive and initiative when I get home from work or on the weekends... I always want to, but I'm just lazy I guess... or just lots going on? who knows... all of these decisions should be made soon though before it's too late!!

well, I hope to post pics of the stuff I did this getaway on shutterfly when I get home (I'm at my parents' house now) or just later this evening (if I have the energy). the quality is pretty crappy b/c I left my camera at home and had to use my cell phone. oh well... such is life (or as mellybee would say 'it is what it is'). I really want to go read in front of the fire... while I can!!

No comments: