DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker

Thursday, August 7, 2008

delayed... again

so I spoke with my parents... and yet again, this weekend isn't going to fly for their visit. I'm of course always excited to see my family, especially now because they haven't been in our new house yet. but I'm thoroughly disappointed because not only were they bringing the full bed for the spare room and my desk, we were going to utilize the trailer/moving truck to move the remainder of our stuff from the old home. aka MY QUILTING STUFF!! (sigh) another weekend will go by without my working on things I need to work on... jacob's baby quilt, my friends' wedding quilt (from last november), potentially another wedding quilt for october... and definitely some things that *I* want to finish for myself and the house. plus I have bought some dress/clothing patterns from the amy butler line and I want to be able to practice with them and get used to it. I've never made clothing before and quite frankly, I'd like to know what I'm doing before I cut into my $9.50 yard michael miller fabric!! :D

so anyway, I have my UFOs on the sidebar, but I think I'm going to list them here, too. I need another list like I need a hole in the head, but here goes! :) (oh, and blogger is totally screwing up right now so I can't get my bullet points and I don't know why... so hopefully the formatting isn't all messy).
* amy and ben's wedding quilt
* jacob's baby quilt
* "practice" quilts... a lap quilt and a tree skirt
* landscape quilt (someone at maine quilts show-and-telled hers - so awesome!)
* civil war pumpkin patch (I keep seeing leslie at various events and now I'm feeling a mite bit guilty it's not done!)
* a couple of wool applique pieces... quantity TBD
* children of israel paper pieced quilt (oh the horror)
* handwork stars of david

I'm sure there are a whole bunch more... but since everything's packed up still, I don't know. I'll provide a better inventory (hopefully) next weekend.

lastly, my good friend is getting married in april and I am one of her bridesmaids! at first I was worried because I knew that it would be a huge financial undertaking between the dress, the shower, and the bachelorette party... and with the new house... yikes. also since das is a groomsman, too. but I have since gotten over it. I am still watching the money, though, and hope to be able to pick out some things that are a bit lighter on the wallet... like the dress (we have eleven to choose from - I hope to have some pics later - we're shopping tonight!), and the decorations for the bridal shower. I have confidence in myself that I'll be able to help with the wedding while still keeping track of the finances. this won't be the last you hear of this wedding, though, I'm sure. :) I'm excited!! I just hope that I can tone it down a little bit... I'm just a bridesmaid, not the MOH and I really don't want to step on any toes. I'm just really happy and want to make sure that it's everything that my friend wants. you know?! I am considering doing a signature block for the shower and then putting it together for the wedding as their gift, but I made them a quilt already. not that that precludes them from ever getting another quilt again... but we'll see I guess. I also don't want to take on too much stuff that I can't promise. or maybe I should just get it done instead of procrastinating. :)

ok, well, I hope this posts because I have had trouble all morning with blogger. grr.

No comments: